Mac lipstick collection

by - December 24, 2015

Okay so i've finally got round to doing this post. I felt slightly put off due to not having a great amount of Mac lipsticks ( in my opinion ). But I wanted to do this post for giving my opinions and reviews on each lipstick.


Nudes


I wear nudes all the time on a day to day basis and I am obsessed over the variation of nudes that Mac have to offer. 

Brave: Although i'm mainly more of a matte lipstick person I had an exception for this lipstick. I was mesmerized by the colour and finish of this lipstick. This lipstick is descirbed as a "Pink-beige with white pearl". And I think due to that description people might be fooled and feel that the white pearl will give this lipstick a frosted finish. It doesn't but it does give a glossier effect and is such a beautiful spring nude colour.

Mehr: Mehr is a matte finishing nude and as i've stated I love matte colours. This is literally my favourite go-to lipstick. To me this is the perfect pink nude. It can be dressed up or down and I honestly am just obsessed with this colour. This colour is described as a " Dirty blue pink ". I find this is slightly more brown toned then MAC Faux as they are compared to be very similar.

Honey love: This was the very first MAC lipstick I purchased. I got it as an alternative to velvet teddy which I couldn't get my hands on at the time. I personally don't like this lipstick too much. I find it's too much of a subtle nude and feel like it washes me out. I prefer going for darker nudes as they add a little colour and dimension to my lips.

Velvet teddy: It would be too cliche of me to say this is the " perfect nude ". But i'd be lying if I didn't say that. It really is the perfect nude, as it's not too dark or too light. Although it's described as the ' Kylie Jenner nude ' which does put me off slightly due to not actually liking Kylie Jenner I am obsessed with this colour and it's nearly time to re-purchase.


Dark colours


Viva glam 3: Viva glam 3 is a matte finishing lipstick. This was actually the second MAC lipstick I purchased and i'm unsure why I chose this colour if i'm honest. In the past I wouldn't wear dark colours like this as I feel darker lipsticks wash me out as i'm so pale. But as time has gone on I have found a crazed love for darker lip colours. I wear them all the time if i'm going on a night out or an event. I feel they can just add alot to your chosen outfit. It's descirbed as a " Foxy brown plum " and that honestly is the best description for this. It is what it is.

Captive: This is one of my MAC lipsticks I actually forget I own. I always find it and them i'm like "OH forgot about this one, definitely wearing this".  It's a satin finish. I initally thought this looks alot darker in the tube. But once applied it's alot more subtle yet gorgeous. I am obsessed with this lipstick. It is definitely my second favourite. I'd say it's a pinkish plum colour that's not too dark but it's still bold.

Darkside: I am so happy to own this lipstick. It is from the MAC holiday collection 2015. And I was so desperate to get my hands on it. Unfortunately for me it was sold out online basically straight away. So I popped into my nearest MAC counter to see if they had it and to my surprise they did! and not only did they have it, it was the very last one which made me super happy. Am I wrong to say the holiday collection lipsticks are limited edition? I'm unsure, but this lipstick is so gorgeous. It is the PERFECT winter colour. I am also obsessed with the shiny purple packaging! It makes it that whole much better.


D for Danger: Initially when buying this lipstick I questioned myself. I was slightly unsure, although for me it's the pefect redy purple colour. I gave in and purchased this because this is my favorite colour to wear on autumn/winter nights out. This is described as a ' Brick red ' and has a matte finish. It's a medium-dark, berry red with cool pink undertones. 

Brighter colours


Heroine: I originally purchased this lipstick for halloween (well that was my excuse as to buying it) and then decided that it is genuinely a gorgeous colour. It's completely different to what i'd usually wear but theres something about this lipstick that I really love. It's a very different and original colour. It's bold and bright and stands out. It's a brightened pink-tinted purple with satin finish. 

All fired up: I instantly saw this and thought to myself " this is the perfect summer lipstick" It's so bright and bold and stands out incredible amounts. I'd say it's a brightened, medium-dark fuchsia with very, very subtle blue undertones with a matte finish. It's not a lipstick I draw for occasionally but this is top of my summer lipstick list.

Chili: I don't know where to start with this one. This is by far my favourite MAC lipstick. Everybody says that the perfect red shade is Ruby woo. Well not for me, this wins by a mile. I feel that because this is a warm brown/orange red it's alot more suitable to my skin tone. It has a matte finish. I would definitely advise purchasing this lipstick. I wear this on a regular basis wether that may be on a day to day thing or on a night out. It can just suit my needs.


Below are the swatches of all the lipsticks mentioned:






I hope you enjoyed this post. Please comment your favourite MAC lipsticks below and i'll makesure to take a look as I would like some new ones to my collection! I also hope this helped if you're debating purchasing a MAC lipstick and you're unsure on what colour to opt for.

Until next time,
Hannah

You May Also Like

0 comments

Glam half skull inspied by Glitteralittle

I've been super excited to keep trying new Halloween makeup looks and as soon as I saw this one I couldn't help myself to give it a ...